Monday, August 09, 2004


it's wierd. for the past couple of years i haven't been going to church. it's not that i don't believe in god anymore but i was starting to feel like i was lying. i was starting to realize that i didn't have my eyes closed when praying. that i didn't have the same look of unconditional belief and love for religion as everyone around me. so, i stopped going and hoped that if there was a god, he would understand my reasons and know that if i came back to him it would be with a stronger belief than if i had never doubted him at all. last night i came home to the news that my grampy was missing. he's old, frail, and confused, he never goes out in his car at night but it was almost 10 and he had been gone for three hours and my uncles and my parents went out driving around looking in empty parking lots and the couple places he ventures with his car. it might seem like overreacting but the way my dad looked when he was talking to the police was one that would warrant worrying. i found myself saying in my head: "please god, please, please let him be safe". the phone rang. it was grampy. he was at the motherhouse where nuns live at mount st. vincent's university. my aunt had just begun to hold grampy's rosary to her heart when she got the phone call from my mom that he was safe. of all the places he could have gone. he drove all the way to bedford and took a random turn onto the little road that made it's way up to a motherhouse. is that wierd or is it just me?
on another note: p.e.i. was great .i drove up with j and his brother. we went to a drive in movie, met all his relatives, got dressed up for a wedding and danced all night with j and once to elvis' "love me tender". on saturday i met up with sarah, kathy and darcy in charlottown and said goodbye to j. we went shopping for old records and used books, had some lunch in a cafe and took a nice drive back to our motel. we went to see a play about patsy cline that night with a room full of seniors. it was nice and on the way back to the motel we yelled out at people. yesterday was the perfect day. we slowly made the drive back home. stopping into antique stores. taking pictures of baby goats and llamas at a fabric mill. getting an ice cream before making a trip across the ferry. it woud be nice to take trips like that every once and awhile even if they're only a couple hours away. sometimes people take for granted that all they need to break away is a full tank of gas and a couple of good friends. even if it's only for a day. Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad your grammpy is alright!

I had fun driving with you. It was perfect.

Love,
K.

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Krista!
Did you get your shift switched? Do you want to get your shift switched?
We have to hang out and get our act together for Sarah's B.!
Kathy.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home