Wednesday, September 01, 2004

summer is winding down. in the morning i feel cold air rushing across me from my window and it's not the stagnant heat that normally wakes me up at 8 o'clock. i'm always excited about fall: wearing sweaters, thinking about what kind of art i want to make this year. and how it's only 4 months until christmas. always exciting. i feel different. i feel like i somehow gained a little more confidence over the summer and i don't know how that happened. maybe it's temporary or maybe i don't give a shit. i think it's the latter. i'm just tired of worrying myself about what other people may think. if i like my work then isn't that all that matters? it's mine and mine alone. and if other people think it's cheap or meaningless well...what can i say, i'm learning to express myself by any means possible. i wasn't blessed with being eloquent with words so i have to pour myself into visual endeavors. there's only a little bit of summer left so i want to absorb as much as possible so i remember how i want to spend next summer. summer this year has treated me very well and spoiled me with days at the beach and road trips and swimming. reminder to myself for next summer: don't work three jobs. this entry is kind of all over the place but i rarely have one thought in my head.
i want to make this year a good one. and maybe take some chances..
"so long sweet summer..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home