Tuesday, October 10, 2006

i was a shy kid. i was a bit of a dreamer. a little out of touch with reality. of course, it was probably just my ADD, but this tendency to drift off, to not pay attention got me in trouble most times. i thought i was stupid, why couldn't i just pay attention? why did i always get information mixed up? i grew up thinking i was stupid, and i thought by asking questions it would just make me sound dumber. well i've sort of retained this habit into my adult life. i'm an art school graduate but i feel like i don't know anything so i'm afraid to apply for jobs because i feel i'm unqualified. i don't think it's so much that i lack the ambition. i lack the confidence, and feeling afraid of letting people down is what has me living in a cramped little room, in lonely halifax with that big elephant in the corner of my room: what the hell am i doing with my life?

4 Comments:

Blogger Big Nikki said...

krissy you should come over and visit me...or i will visit you in your little room. you can teach me not to make kids feel stupid and i can show you that being on a "career path" doesn't necessarily mean that you know anything about anything...

10:09 PM  
Blogger sensorsweep said...

awww, babygirl...

life is too big and too scary..
but yr pictures are really pretty and everyone always says they are wonderful.. and you are smart..

i spent my childhood knocking stuff over and unable to sit down..

also.. there are people much older worrying about the same thing.
that doesn't make me feel better.. but still.. hmmm..

life is scary.

1:48 AM  
Blogger Saraiu01 said...

See, I like to think that our generation has been brainwashed by the ancient idea that things need to be strictly chronological, orderly, and strictly conventional. I think about how many adults who I saw plunging into careers when they were 20 and married when they were 21. But how many of them were happy? I bet most of them would give anything to go back and have the liberty to explore a whole arena of opportunities which you have! Do whatever makes you happy and don't stress. No one knows what they're doing, even if they provide that illusion. Also, the fact that you have a consience and modivation and talent and skill won't allow you to be in a 'small room' forever. haha. I love you, girl!!!!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I admire your "shyness". I always took it as real classiness, and was jealous of it haha. There is so much about you that I admire, and whenever I have talked to you about stuff related to school, you always say things that are intelligent and make me think.
You are definately your worse critic and you should think about all the people who really appreciate how positively special you are (there are alot). I know I feel that way even though I only see you casually and semi-annually.
You are a cool girl and I look forward to buying one of millions of prints of your photos on poster board from a framing store in the mall.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home