Friday, October 01, 2004

yesterday: bianca and i vs. nscad, the sauna (aka: slide room), mysterious bus boy and watching hours of tv instead of doing homework at kathy's.
today: mysterious bus boy, 20th century craft gossip, names that we could've had and the darkroom. listening to the amelie soundtrack on the bus home.

my plans for tonight consist of pilates, maybe a movie with my brother who i never see anymore or reading 'to kill a mockingbird'.

"when i said i could do nothing in a dress, she said i wasn't supposed to be doing things that required pants. aunt alexandra's vision of my deportment involved playing with small stoves, tea sets, and wearing the add-a-pearl necklace she gave me when i was born: futhermore, i should be a ray of sunshine in my father's lonely life. i suggested that one could be a ray of sunshine in pants just as well, but aunty said that one had to behave like a sunbeam, that i was born good but had grown progressively worse every year. she hurt my feelings and set my teeth permanently on edge, but when i asked atticus about it, he said that there were already enough sunbeams in the family and to go on about my own business, he didn't mind me much the way i was." -scout, to kill a mockingbird

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home